‘The construction of a new facility is important and critical not only for the delivery of enhanced services but as a symbol of the Inuit of Nunavik’s efforts to regain control over the region’s future, through empowerment and promotion of Inuit culture, practices and pride.’ – David Forrest, Chairperson
It is confirmed! After several years of hard work, Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre has secured the total funding for the construction of the new facility. This project will offer as early as 2023:
- Three times more beds to welcome guests (up to 22 guests at a time compared to 9 guests);
- Two separate lodging wings to accommodate both genders at the same time;
- Accommodation for partners and children who would be interested in participating in the rehabilitation program;
- Convenient space for individual counseling as well as group counseling and most of all cultural activities;
- Family units, daycare area and a school room to enable the Inpatient Family Program to fully undertake its goals;
- More office space for employees.
The construction of such major project, estimated at $40.5 million, is made possible by five important partners:
- 21 million from the Government of Canada, with Infrastructure Canada;
- 8.5 million from the Government of Quebec;
- 6 million from the Government of Canada, with Indigenous Services Canada;
- 2.75 million from Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre;
- 1.2 million from KRG
- 1.88 million from Makivik.
Notice & Info-work
- Concrete work has begun (07-06-2021)
- The pouring of foundation walls has begun (05-07-2021)
- First boat shipment has arrived (08-07-2021)
- The building will start ‘coming out of the ground’ as construction workers start setting up the steel structure in early august and is estimated to be done by the end of the month.
Picture of the Week
Every week, we will post a picture that represents the construction work progress!
Stay Up to Date
👉 SUBSCRIBE to our quarterly newsletter and be among the first to be informed of the latest news about our organization and projects.
👉 LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE to keep up with all our initiatives and projects.
Questions & Answers
We care about this project as much as we care about your satisfaction. We are available to answer your questions or concerns as work progresses.
Reach us and we will be pleased to provide you with more information.