jos posting end date
February 7th, 2024
The Security Guard plays a crucial role in:
- Reporting to management any irregularities or deficiencies involving risk or damage to property, overseeing the comings and goings of visitors, staff, and guests, as well as maintaining order and discipline.
- Working with other departments to ensure all services and activities offered by Isuarsivik are culturally relevant and safe.
Purpose of position
Under the direction of the Administration Manager and the day-to-day supervision of the Coordinator of Administration Services, the Security Guard is responsible for maintaining order as well as safeguarding and overseeing movable and immovable property against fire, theft, and damages.
- Makes inspection rounds according to predetermined schedules; ensures that doors and windows are locked, and lights are turned off; reports to management any irregularities or deficiencies involving risk or damage to property.
- Greets visitors.
- Oversees the comings and goings of visitors, staff, and guests.
- Maintains order and discipline, answers the telephone, relays messages, and delivers documents entrusted to them.
- Acts as a doorman, night watchman, or parking attendant.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (an asset).
- Willingness to enroll in security guard training.
- 1 year of experience as a Security guard (an asset).
Knowledge and Skills
- Possess basic notions of safety regulations.
- Personal and professional experience in a cross-cultural setting.
- Ability to draft simple reports and documents on a computer.
- Strong ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to work outside standard office hours.
- Willingness to submit to a criminal records check.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Inuktitut as well as English (mandatory).
- Ability to read, write, and speak French (an asset).
- Isuarsivik is undergoing a major transition that requires flexibility, creativity, and adaptability.
- The incumbent must balance multiple demands and urgent requests from guests, staff, and partners.
- The incumbent must also be prepared to meet the personal and professional challenges associated with living in a northern, isolated community with limited resources.
Salary / Benefits
- Working conditions are based on Nunavik’s health and social services network.
- Salary will be determined depending on qualifications and experience.
- Probation period.
- Mentorship or training program available (if requirements are not met).
It is the Centre’s objective to favor and promote the employment of beneficiaries from one of the Inuit land claims agreements. Therefore, it is at the discretion of the Board to waive any of the qualification requirements and implement a training or mentoring plan if necessary.