Permanent / Full-time
jos posting end date
September 30, 2022
The Intake Worker plays a crucial role in:
- Providing assistance to guests prior to the start of their recovery program at the Centre.
- Promoting Isuarsivik as an Inuit culturally sensitive recovery center offering distinct and specific programs to deal with all kinds of addictions and intergenerational trauma.
Purpose of position
Under the direction of the Continued Care Manager, the Intake Worker is responsible for helping in preparing the guests prior to their admission to the program.
- Participates in hiring and helps improve the process.
- Handles the creation and management of all employee files, both physical and electronic.
- Assists in the administration of compensation and benefit plans.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training and continuing education. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and certifications, etc.
- Manages incoming email and responds to all requests and inquiries concerning the program and the application process (including from potential guests and referral workers).
- Manages and maintains all guest files and application forms.
- Drafts and sends acceptance and information documents to guests.
- Drafts and sends confirmation of admission letters to guests and referral workers.
- Inputs guest data and creates guest files in EMHWare.
- Directs guests interested in pre-care services to the appropriate community counsellor.
- Assists potential guests in filling out applications and liaise with referral workers to make sure our guests’ experience is smooth, comfortable, and informative.
- Provides initial assessment and screening of guests contacting Isuarsivik for service requests.
- Liaises with other community agencies/professionals to develop and maintain referral sources.
- Manages, updates, and organize the guest waiting lists regularly.
- Ensures smooth transition of guests to the center.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Continued Care Manager, the Intake Worker provides assistance to the clinical team and performs other related duties as assigned.
Communication and Support Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and versatile, with a strong sense of initiative
- Ability to foster trust and build strong relationships
- Capacity to adapt quickly and frequently to changing priorities
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- High School diploma.
- Training in social intervention (an asset).
- 1 year in the field of social intervention or administration would (an asset).
- Experience in the field of social intervention, addictions, or wellness.
Knowledge and Skills
- Personal and professional experience in a cross-cultural setting.
- Ability to draft reports, documents, and work plans on a computer.
- Strong ability to work independently and in a team.
- Willingness to work outside of standard office hours.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal record check.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Inuktitut as well as English (mandatory).
- Ability to read, write, and speak French (an asset)é
It is the Centre’s objective to favor and promote the employment of beneficiaries from one of the Inuit land claims agreements. Therefore, it is at the discretion of the Board to waive any of the qualification requirements and implement a training or mentoring plan if necessary.
- Isuarsivik is undergoing a major transition that requires flexibility, creativity, and adaptability.
- The incumbent must balance multiple demands and urgent requests from guests, staff, and partners.
- The incumbent must also be prepared to meet the personal and professional challenges associated with living in a northern, isolated community with limited resources.
Salary / Benefits
- Working conditions are based on Nunavik’s health and social services network.
- Salary will be determined depending on qualifications and experience.
- Probation period.
- Mentorship or training program available (if requirements are not met).