If you answer yes to one or more of these questions, we suggest you contact a human relations officer or a social worker at your local CLSC point of service (clinic) to further discuss your alcohol and/or drug use. You may also contact us at 819-964-2592.
1. Have you ever tried to cut down on your drinking or drugging*?
2. Has your drinking or drugging ever bothered people around you*? Your family, your friends, your co-workers, etc.
3. Have you ever felt that you drink or drug too much*?
4. After a night of heavy drinking or drugging, do you have a physical reaction, i.e. trembling of the hands, craving to consume immediately after waking*?
5. Have you ever got into trouble while you were intoxicated? Fighting, police intervention, etc.
*Note: questions 1 to 4 are extracted from the Nunavik DDIT questionnaire on alcohol and drug. It was originally translated by the NRBHSS from TREMBLAY, Joël and Nadine BLANCHETTE-MARTIN (2009). Manuel d’utilisation du DÉBA Alcool/Drogues/Jeu, Version adaptée pour la formation de la première ligne en dépendance, Version 1.08, Québec, Service de recherche CRUV/CRAT-CA en collaboration avec le Centre Dollard-Cormier – Institut universitaire sur les dépendances.