Getting Ready for Your Upcoming Session
You have been accepted to one of our healing program – great!
Now, remember you have to be without alcohol and drugs for a minimum of 72 hours before your admission at the Centre. We also intend that all participants must be mentally and physically able to participate, including in the physical and land-based activities. We expect you to:
- Fully participate in the activities of the program;
- Abstain from bringing and using drugs and alcohol at any time during the program;
- Be on good behaviour at all times;
- Do your assigned chores every day;
- Respect the house rules.
Also, please, identify a local worker who will offer a follow-up and support after the program. Reach us if you need assistance at 1-866-964-9994.
You need to be free from any obligations that could impede your full participation to the program (doctor or dentist appointment, court appearances, childcare, etc.).
Here is a list of personal belongings you should bring with you:
- Sleepwear or pyjamas;
- Indoor and outdoor footwear;
- Appropriate sets of indoor clothing;
- Additional clothing depending on the time of the year:
- summer wear—lighter clothes, sweaters, swimsuits, mosquito repellent, sunscreen, hats,
- winter wear—pants, boots, jackets, mitts, hats;
- Enough prescription medication for the entire program (kept in a locked cabinet);
- Sufficient funds for toiletries (kept in a locked cabinet);
To be clear, alcohol, drugs and weapons are strictly forbidden and are cause for dismissal from the program.
Be informed that phone calls are allowed every day between 6 and 10 pm. Visits at the Centre are allowed on Saturdays only of the third, fourth and fifth weekends of the program between 1 and 5 pm. The participants have day passes from 9 am to 9 pm Sunday of the fifth week and Saturday and Sunday of the sixth week. Visits and day passes are subject to the counsellor’s approval and are conditional on the full participation in the program.